Hi Honey Badger,
This is scary stuff, especially for those who are easily persuaded to be able to cope, even though they can’t.

We have been discussing the easements here https://www.carersuk.org/forum/44/coronavirus-act-been-activated-in-parts-of-england-40447

Melly1

The care is at rock bottom anyway in NYCC and often there aren’t familys who can step in make sure the caree is alright.

We need more care help and support for our carees in times of crisis not less care.

I don’t know what the Council’s duties are re Carers.
I would just like to know whether there is a support line for Carers to phone when they feel like they don’t know where to turn next or what to do.
I don’t mean the actual care.
I am my husband’s full time carer but the ‘lockdown’ seems to be having a psychological effect on him. When I say things to him I seem to just get monosyllabic replies. He is quite happy in himself but I just feel that I cannot do anything to make him smile or have a conversation with me. Her prefers to read his Kindle.
As I said, he is quite happy in himself and I do everything after his half hour care each morning is ended.
He has a really lovely Carer. She is able to make him laugh and teases him. Maybe I should change my name? I feel so low and so desperately tired. I just feel as though I cannot do anything right, then I feel guilty about being depressed. Even more so because I pray every day but feel as though my faith is in ‘lockdown’ as well.
Any suggestions?

Amble

That sounds really hard on you .

Especially when he is in good form with his carer.

People often take things out on those closest to them. But its not fair on you…your mental health matters too.

Carers UK have a helpline.

Hi Amble_180612345,
As CloudyGal kindly mention we have a helpline and I would really encourage you to get in touch when you have time. You can call our helpline on 0808 808 7777,we have just extended the helpline hours so it is now open 9am-6pm Mon-Fri with a higher capacity to answer calls.

You are in such a challenging situation and they will be able to provide you specific support and advice.

We have also started weekly online meetups for carers, there is more information in this post: Our Forum | Carers UK.

It may be a nice way for you to spend some time talking to people who understand what you’re going through.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have anymore questions.

Best wishes,

Meg