Some advice please

Hi, I’m new to this site.

I am 24 years old and recently I’ve become a full time carer for my dad. I feel like he relies on me too much. My mum left him in September after she had an affair and now I’m fully responsible. He has heart disease and a bad hip - he’s awaiting a hip replacement. He’s 74 and hate to say this but I’m sure he puts a lot of it on.

I’m not sure what to do anymore. Me and my partner are buying my parents house, and the original plans were for my dad to live with us. However, I’m struggling to cope. His behaviours are extremely embarrassing and unusual. He has been urinating in bottles, eating leftover food out of the bin and he doesn’t wash. I hate to say it but his body odour is horrendous.

I am a mental health professional myself and I’m not sure what to do anymore. I feel as if I’m going to have to give up my dream job.

I’ve tried contacting the GP, social services and the crisis team but they don’t want to know as he’s got capacity!

I am exhausted, I feel so selfish saying this but I do think he needs supported living.

Any advice will be welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you

NO, do NOT give up your job, whatever it takes. Social Services are responsible for arranging ALL te care he needs.
Maybe this is why mum left?? Talk to mum, along the lines of how long has this been going on, why didn’t you tell us?!?!
Start by keeping a diary.
If you work in mental health, talk to your colleagues about dementia. Get an assessment done asap.
Delay buying the house, so you are not trapped!