Hi, I am new to the forum. I care for my mum who lives with us and am able to work part time from home. My only ‘me time’ is to play in a sports team two evenings a week and I really don’t want to give it up. I’m desperate to find out if there is a sitters organisation. I’m willing to pay - there would be no personal care required but companionship for two hours. She cannot be left and gets very anxious at the thought of it - even though she has a fall alarm. My sports keeps me sane at what can be a very challenging time and is the only time I ‘switch off’so to speak. Thanks in advance x

Social Services should be able to help. Ask for an updated Carers Assessment.

Your local carers support might have a list of organisations who can help

have you tried crossroads. if you google them there may be a branch near you. this is the sort of thing they provide, and in my experience are very good. good luck.

If you get no joy with Social Services and have to privately fund nearly all care agencies offer a sitting service. Maybe worth checking out Age UK, or local church groups who may offer a befriending service.
First stop though- definitely Social Services Carer’s Assessment.

When my dad was living at home we used a private care company to sit with Dad. I think most will offer it?

Thank you so much for the replies. I will get phoning tommorow. X