Rejoining the ranks

It’s a long time since I was a member but I’ve decided to rejoin after a long absence.

I care for my wife who uses a wheelchair, my eldest son who has mental health issues, and my son who has autism - although he has full support and lives separately from us, both my wife and I still have caring responsibilities there. And then there’s mum, who’s in a care home gradually losing to dementia.

Up until about 9 months ago, I also used to work at my local Carers Centre, but eventually age and exhaustion catch up with all of us and I had to take early retirement at the end of March last year.

The covid situation meant that I ended up retiring later than planned, and there’s been a lot to adjust to - a reduced income being among them - but some of the pressure is off and I was actually able to get out and about with the camera a couple of times last year. Hopefully later on I’ll work out how to share them online!

Hi Charles, welcome back.

Unfortunately I’m still here, still battling with Hampshire County Council with regards to my son’s care.

Some things never change, Bowlingbun

Hi Charles
I think you had left before I joined. The forum was such a support for me when my now late husband was diagnosed with vascular dementia and strokes , with other health issues.
I have heard you were a very good support to the forum so it’s good to hear you are back.Look forward to your photos.

Hi Charles,

welcome back. You have been missed.

It sounds like you are doing a massive amount of caring.

I have missed your tales about Mike as he reminds me of S; I find the overall success of his way of life in his own place reassuring and something that I would aspire to set up for S.

Melly1

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Mike is 36 now, which makes me very old…or at least feel it!

Welcome back Charles - as you can see I’m still here :unamused: :unamused:

Have you had your coffee yet this morning ?? :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: by 8.30 I’d had half a pot of coffee!

Nothings changed then ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not a thing!