Need advice

Hello new to the forum,sorry if this is a old question but I’ve just retired to help care for my friend whom I live with,i am applying for carers allowance and we fulfill the requirements but I cant find out if it affects how much council tax my friend has to pay.,thank you all.

Hi & welcome Andrew,a%20discount%20on%20Council%20Tax.&text=The%20person%20you%20care%20for%20can’t%20be%20your%20husband,you’re%20getting%20Carer’s%20Allowance.

From the above link …

If you are a carer and you live in the same property as the person you care for, you might be able to get a discount on Council Tax.

You will need to provide more than 35 hours per week care.

The person you care for needs to be getting one of these benefits:
• Disability Living Allowance (DLA) care component at the middle or high rate OR
• Personal Independence Payment (PIP) daily living component at any rate
• Attendance Allowance at any rate
• Armed Forces Independence Payment

The person you care for can’t be your husband, wife, civil partner or child under 18.

It doesn’t matter whether or not you’re getting Carer’s Allowance.

Your income and savings will not affect whether you can get this discount.

If you think this applies to you, speak to your local authority to ask how to apply for the discount.

It’s always advisable to make other enquires to check information is as up to date as possible.

What is the nature of your friend’s disability?
When did Social Services last do a Needs Assessment for your friend?
And a Carers Assessment for you?