Hearing tests and nearing aids

Hello .I am enquiring about hearing tests for my dad who is 85 and lives alone. I am his daughter and carer.
He has noticed he cannot hear well so think we need a test. He has great problems walking so a test at home would be good.Do Specsavers do home tests and are they free? Once any hearing loss is established how much are the hearing aids?
thanks for any advice.

Hi Felicity,
Welcome back.
I don’t know - the quickest way to find out is probably just to give them a call or pop into your local branch and ask them.

Edit; just checked online, yes they do. Re cost it depends whether eligible for a free test or not. Look on their website for more info

You can have hearing tests done with Specsavers through the NHS including at home ones too but you have to go through your GP for the free.NHS service you cannot just go directly to them

NHS Hearing Aids are free but you do have to go via your GP who will arrange a hearing test. My husband has his done in October and the Audiologist agreed he needed them, and did impressions of his ears. The bad news it that there is then quite a wait for them to be made and an appointment to have them fitted and for explanations to be given on care and use.

Thank you all for the replies. Couldn`t get through to Specsavers so gave up in the end.
Think my dad has autism or ocd so dealing with that as well as mobility issues.

1 Like

Covid seems to have been a wonderful excuse to companies to make contacting them as difficult as possible. Yesterday I had to book a repair for my Whirlpool washer dryer and my Zanussi fridge, by the time I’d gone through a series of options and some useless call handlers, 90 minutes had gone by. So frustrating.
Today, I received a “No Reply” email, asking me to send them a photo of my washing machine specification plate. They know the machine is full of water and I can’t open it, I’m female, and I’m 70. How the heck do they think I could move it??? Of course, there is no option to speak to a human being!
After my 300 feet long garden was flooded last week, I’ve reported lots of issues about drainage in the area, previously reported but no action.
Today, another “No reply” email, saying they would be dealt with under “planned works”, without defining what that actually needs. Currently my road further west is closed for drainage works that I first reported 25 YEARS ago!!!
No wonder I’m turning into Victor(ia) Meldrew!