Carrera Allowance , Any other benefits claimable

Been receiving CA since June 2020. I look after 3 older relatives 83/83/70… Am finding working and caring is not a good fix for any of us. I have needed to leave work 3 times in last few months, due to a phone call from one of them, either a fall, no electricity, they fuse the house and a leaking pipe… Boss was not so happy. I would like to know, is there any benefits I can claim, should I decide to stop work.
I have £5000 savings, mostly from a holiday we cancelled and was refunded due to COVID-19.
But it won’t last long will it… I earn NMW and work 14 hours a week in 3 half day shifts…
I myself am 61. Fit at the moment… I have a sister who is poorly some days, but she does help a few hours a week.
I have never ever had benefits till now… have worked from age 16. Would like some idea on where to look to see if I can claim and then stop working. I tried for reduction in council tax…was told no go

Hi Christine,

I suggest you use either of these tools to see what else you might be entitled to:

https://www.carersuk.org/upfront/

Melly1

You could claim universal credit…

From the above web site

Carer’s amount

You can get an additional amount if you are caring for a severely disabled person for at least 35 hours a week. You do not need to be in receipt of Carer’s Allowance. If you make a joint claim, both of you can get a carer’s amount as long as you are not caring for the same severely disabled person.

If you or your partner get Carer’s Allowance, your Universal Credit payment will be reduced by £1 for every £1 you receive from Carer’s Allowance.

If you are entitled to both the carer’s amount and the ‘limited capability for work’ or ‘limited capability for work and work-related activity’ amount (see below for more information), you won’t receive both. Instead you will receive the larger amount.

Your circumstances Extra monthly amount
If you care for a disabled person £162.92

Read the section on your capital.

There are a lot of factors with UC so until you actually make an application. Use all figures as a guide only.

Are you in rented or owned property.

Do you live with the older relatives?
Do any of them have over £23,00 in savings?
Are they all claiming Attendance Allowance?
Do they own their homes?

The answers will enable us to give better advice.