Carers identification

Hi all. I’m a self employed PA/Enabler working for a lovely lady and am paid by Disability Focus direct. I don’t get pay slips as self employed nor have I got a contract. I was wondering how I could get a Blue Light Badge. They want proof, ie a payslip or contract. Any help grateful :pray:

I’m worried by your post.
I would go back to Disability Focus Direct and ask them for written confirmation of your role.
Are you submitting an annual tax return?

Hi Sarah

I concur you should be getting some form of contact and payment/s received. I’ve just looked at the web site …

I think you need to sort this out before looking for a Blue Light Badge.

Hi Sarah

This forum is for unpaid carers who care for family, friends and loved ones, they are not employed so do not get paid for this work.

The Blue Light Card scheme that gives many discounts to NHS staff unfortunately isn’t extended to unpaid carers.

I hope you get your proof sorted soon and your membership.

Please heed Bowlingbuns replies.