Can you claim for the childcare element of tax credits?s

I’m a single parent of 2 disabled children. I receive carer’s allowance as they both receive high rate DLA.

I am trying to find out if I can claim the childcare element of tax credits for my younger child (who is not disabled) towards her nursery fees, so that I can give the 2 disabled children the care they need.

When I look on website it only states you can do this if you are in a couple, but if you are single you must be working to claim for child care. Does being a full time carer not qualify as ‘work’ for this benefit?
Thank you in advance for any info

I’m not sure if anyone here could answer this…

Phone Carers UK helpline or contact page.

From the above web site …

What you’ll get
The amount you could get depends on when your children were born.

If all your children were born before 6 April 2017
You could get the ‘child element’ of Child Tax Credit for all of your children.

You’ll also get the basic amount, known as the ‘family element’.

If one or more of your children were born on or after 6 April 2017
You could get the child element of Child Tax Credit for up to 2 children. You might get the child element for more children if exceptions apply.

You’ll only get the family element if at least one of your children was born before 6 April 2017.

Can I ask some questions, there maybe help you don’t know about!
How old are all there?
Are the physically disabled, mentally disabled, or both.
Are you aware of the Family Fund?
Do the oldest attend school or playgroup?
Had you had a Carer Assessment from Social Services?