Any financial advice please re giving up work to care for Mu

Hi everyone, Would be grateful for advice. Mum is 88and diagnosed the vascular dementia and Alzheimers about 5 years ago, she also has lupus, heart disease to name a few. She lives in her own home with my brother 56 who works full time as a builder’s assistant. We provide care for Mum between us ( I live some 200 miles away) but stay monthly / twice monthly during the week to support mum and brother and prompt mum by phone during the day whilst brother works, he also does all shopping cleaning and cooking and helps dressing and bathing etc. Mum is needing more care and he is considering giving up work to care full time ( he was a paid carer in previous career), just wondering if he can financially afford to. He would get Carer’s Allowance, Mum has Attendance Allowance and I guess he would be entitled to universal credit ? Does anyone know of anything else relevant? He pays maintenance for his 15 year old son who does not live with them ( but is also now sadly with his mental health and awaiting assessment) hence the additional stress and worry and feel something has to give. Very grateful for any advice- he is happy to give up work and provide care needed for Mum but just worried if we can finance. Many thanks in advance.

Are there any other siblings?
Does mum own or rent her home?
Does she have over £23,000 in savings? (Yes/No)

Your answers will help us give best advice, there’s so much to consider.

Yeah, I would agree to bowlingbun, there are other factors to consider and it’s better to indicate that for us to give detailed and excat advice. jessicaclarktherapyservices.com

Shame my questions are still unanswered.

Maybe she already got answers somewhere. :wink: