Work expenses

Hi. I receive CA and work irregular hours so have had to fill in numerous forms in the past, though not now! I remember there was a section for work related expenses: items you have to buy for work.

I have a situation where my work now requires me to use a tablet/PC to access particular info in preparation for work and this does not work on my home tablet, despite lots of trouble-shooting. They are suggesting I go in to use the work tablets which isn’t really possible due to caring responsibilities. They will not (so far) provide a tablet or PC for me, despite it being a necessity for my job.

Can I claim for this under necessary work expenses? Assuming it’s between £250-500?

Your employer has to make reasonable adjustments. They may say as they have offered you one at work. They have conformed to a reasonable adjustment. However, if you already work from home. This could be seen as not a reasonable adjustment. Have they not paid for the equipment you currently use. If they have originally they should keep the equipment updated at the companies cost.

Talk to ACAS about this, your employer is being unreasonable. How much are your earnings going to be over the CA limit by?

Dear Joc_21111
My name is Kristie and i am an online community host for Carers UK. I am sorry to hear about your work situation and i hope you find the answer you are looking for. I hope you find the forum will be beneficial to you.
So welcome to the forum. You are not alone in your caring role and i am sure that many on here will understand exactly how you feel and will offer you their support. Caring can be very lonely and the pandemic has made caring responsibilities challenging as many carers have been socially restricted and unable to attend social groups etc.
Carers UK are running online weekly meet ups for carers and you can find the information on how to register at Care For A Cuppa:- htttps://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/get-support/online-meetups. The second group is Share And Learn:-Share and Learn | Carers UK.
The telephone number for Carers UK is 0808 808 7777 and the line is open from Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am-6pm. The email address for Carers UK is (advice@carersuk.org).
They provide information and guidance to unpaid carers. This covers:-
-Benefits And Financial Support
-Your Rights As A Carer In The Workplace
-Carers Assessments And How To Get Support In Your Caring Role
-Services Available To Carers And The People You Care For
-How To Complain Effectively And Challenge Decisions.
Best Wishes
Kristie