Which ESA am i on?

Can anyone clarify this please. My husband and I are on a joint ESA and have been for 4 years now of which i am in the support group. We receive P.I.P standard rate for me and hubby gets basic carers allowance. This is our sole incomes.

Am i right in thinking it is the income related ESA? None of my letters tell me

After you’re assessed
You’ll be placed into one of 2 groups if you’re entitled to ESA. If you’re able to get back into work in the future, you’ll be put into the work-related activity group. Otherwise, you’ll be put into the support group.

You’ll get:

up to £77.00 a week if you’re in the work-related activity group
up to £117.60 a week if you’re in the support group

Can you tell from the amounts you both receive. Otherwise make contact with the DWP.

I dont have a clue ive tried to read up on it online and I really dont want to have to make a phone call with a 3 hour wait to ask - why cant they just tell you on their letters?

Your original letter should have in on.

From a google search

Check your decision letter to see which group you’re in. It will depend on the information on your capability for work questionnaire and the results of your medical assessment.

If you don’t have it you could just request a copy.