Universal Credit and Housing Benefit

I am a carer looking after my 89 years disable family over 35 hours .
I live in 2 bed Council flat with her.
I claimed carer allowance and Universal Credit .My housing benefit stoped

I received Universal Credit £459.00 a month - my rent is £575.33 a month.
I am in difficulty to pay my rent .
Please advice
Kind regards

Hi Iman.

" Carers Allowance " is different under Universal Credit … a carer element within the total payment made.

The payment of Housing Benefit within Universal Credit is not straight forward.

Why did it stop ?

Any recent changes reported in your online journal ?

Have you contacted the Universal Credit help line … 0800 328 5644 … ?

How can we on the forum help IF the help line cannot ?

Iman, would you like to tell us a bit more about the elderly person you care for?
Are you getting any support with your caring role, so you can have time off?

At this early stage , I should mention that word … SUCCESSION.

Any problems in that respect with the tenancy ???

Over to SHELTER for the basics on that important element :

Can you inherit a council tenancy? - Shelter England

Irman, Chris has raised a VERY IMPORTANT issue.

Who is the official tenant of the flat, your, or the person you care for?
Does the person you support contribute towards the rent?

Will you be able to stay at the flat when your relative moves out?
Under some circumstances, you may not be allowed to stay there, and will be made homeless a month after they leave.

Please, please find out what your situation is as soon as possible.

What contribution does your grandmother pay.

a friend or family member to move in
You won’t be affected by the bedroom tax if a friend or family member moves into your spare room and they don’t pay rent.

In most cases, a deduction is still made from your benefit because they’re expected to contribute to your rent while they live with you.

This is called a:

non-dependent deduction if you get housing benefit
housing costs contribution if you get universal credit
Check the deduction is less than the cut in benefit under the bedroom tax or you could be worse off.