Receiving carers allowance but wants to move to self-emplo

Hello good people, Please share a light in to my problem. I’m currently receiving carers allowance and work 2 days a week. However I wants to become self employ and work from home to look after my child. I have started the business yet as I don’t know how to do in practice. I wil give my job and register as sell employ. DO I have to notify carers allowance benefit straight away? How would I proof my income if I wont have self-assessment until next year please? Thank so much in advance for your help and wish you all the best.

Start by finding out from HMRC what information you want to keep, and what allowances you are entitled to. Do you understand the difference between income, takings, profit, and expenses?

Hi Eve

It’s important to report any change in a timely manner. Otherwise your may well have a horrible experience. Many access the forum with issues on carers allowance changes.

What is a Carer’s Allowance overpayment?

If you’re claiming Carer’s Allowance, you need to make sure you notify the Carers Allowance Unit (in England, Scotland or Wales) or the Disability and Carers Service (in Northern Ireland) of any changes to your circumstances that would affect how much you receive. This might be starting a new job, a change in your earnings or a new pattern of work. It might also include breaks in caring. It is important that you notify these departments specifically, even if you have already told another Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) unit or HMRC about your changes.

Thank you so much for your kind comments