Poll - where is your surgery in the vaccination programme?

what Priority Group does your GP surgery say they are currently vaccinating?

• Priority cohort 1a & 1b – Care Home Patients & Care Home Staff
  • Priority cohort 2a & 2b– Over 80s & Health & Social Care
  • Priority cohort 3 – 75-80 year olds
  • Priority cohort 4a & 4b – 70-75 year olds & Clinically extremely vulnerable
  • Priority group 5 - 65-69
  • Priority group 6 - At Risk (under 65) and carers
  • Priority group 7 - 60-64
  • Priority group 8 - 55-59
  • Priority group 9 - 50-54
0 voters

Hi,
Our surgery has the following message on their website;

We have worked through the following cohorts already:

Priority cohort 1a – Care Home Patients
Priority cohort 1b – Care Home Staff
Priority cohort 2a – Over 80s
Priority cohort 2b – Health & Social Care Workers

We are now beginning to call the following cohorts as well:

Priority cohort 3 – 75-80 year olds
Priority cohort 4a – 70-75 year olds
Priority cohort 4b – Clinically extremely vulnerable
If you fall in one of these groups we will contact you shortly.

The vaccine will be offered more widely progressing down the priority cohort list as soon as possible.

This does not seem to change and other surgeries and some other areas seem way ahead of them.

So, what Priority Group does your GP surgery say they are currently vaccinating?

Melly1

I have sent another email to my local Practice Manager because their website says 5 and 6 but does not say carers on the list of people who have been asked to contact them, not wait to be contacted. I had my carer vaccine on Wednesday after informing them that I had read the advice on carers in the document NHS C1124.

My surgery is well ahead - but it took several days more to get my place as a carer.

Coronavirus Vaccination Programme

Update 12th February 2021
As at 12th February,

practices are moving on to wave 6, which is the under 65’s with underlying health conditions. We continue to offer vaccinations to those patients in the earlier waves.

There seems a massive disparity. Some still on cohort 2 and some doing cohort 6.

Melly1

When I took my husband a week ago in cohort 6. The venue was full to capacity. And as of Tuesday last week. when I finally got my appointment which is Tuesday is was the soonest available slot. And the venue is working 7 days a week.

Well, you know what they say about statistics! :wink:

There is scope for misinterpretation of the poll though: I checked my surgery’s website and they are up to Group 6, but with five choices allowed I also added in 5,4,3,2 as these are being done if they were somehow missed out first time around. The poll should look different with only one choice.

I did debate that Ayjay, whether it should ask for one answer only or even just is your surgery vaccinating phase 6 - yes or no. I thought though it would be interesting to see what the spread was. Only 3 people have ticked Phase 6 box - but not many members have completed it.

Melly1

Ours is advanced at group 6 but is not done at GPS locally. Is done at a vaccination centre miles away shared with other GPS… I think that way they get through a lot more.

Just updated my response on the poll - our surgery’s website now says:

We are now beginning to call the following cohorts as well:

Priority Cohort 5 – 65-70 year olds
Priority Cohort 6 – Adults aged 16-65 in an at risk group
If you fall in one of these groups we will contact you shortly.

No mention of carers - I feel an email coming on!!

Melly1