Hi folks newbie here but I’m an old hand at caring.
I’m 35, got 2sons 6 and 16yrs old and was caring for my mum for 6 and a half years.
She passed away on 3rs August 2019 at 66yrs old with respiratory attack. She had emphysema and was on oxygen therapy and many other health problems too. She lived with me and my 2 boys. I’m now looking for company and wish I had found this forum before hand xx

Hi Elaine,
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about mum. It takes a very long time to recover from the loss of a caree, especially when it’s mum. There are lots of former carers here - I lost my own mum about three years ago. If there is anything we can help you with, just ask.

Hi Elaine,

welcome to the forum.

I’m very sorry to hear about your Mum. Coming to terms with losing someone takes time and I think it can take even longer when it is someone we have cared for, as our lives become so entwined.

As BB says, there are plenty of former carers on here, both seeking support and in turn supporting others.

If you fancy a chat, try Roll Call in the Members section - its the equivalent of a chat over the garden fence or take a look at the Chit Chat section.

Melly1

Hi Namesake and welcome.
My Mum died in August but 3 years ago now and I still think about her at least once every day. However my Mum was almost (bar 11 days) 100 years old and your Mum was younger than me!
That’s hard.
Give it time and reach out to find new friends and join in anything that appeals.
KR
Elaine