New to this Forum & Feeling Lonely

Hi. My name is Malc. I am 69 years old and have been caring for my wife, who has Alzheimer’s Dementia, for the last 6 years. On Thursday before Christmas she had a seizure whilst I was showering her and she ended up in hospital where she still is.
My mother died at the end of May this year after a short illness, so without either of the most important women in my life, Christmas has been lonely despite our children making every effort to help.

3 Likes

Hi Malc,
Welcome to the forum.

I’m sorry to hear about your Mum and your wife’s seizure.

Whilst she is in hospital try and rest a bit. Hopefully your (adult?) children can share the visiting.

The hospital should have a dementia nurse/ dementia champion that it’s worth contacting to ensure your wife gets dementia-friendly care.

Take care,

M

I am sorry to hear about your wife and mum. I care for my mum to ,and have been for 25 years,it isnt easey, but please ask for help there are people who can .

Welcome to the forum. How is your wife now, did she do any serious damage? Has anyone told you that with a formal diagnosis she is entitled to either Attendance Allowance or PIP, depending on her age, and also EXEMPTION from Council Tax? How old is she? Has she had a brain scan?

Hello Malc and welcome to the forums.

I am sorry you’re lonely and that your mum died. but I think it’s real nice and sweet that your kids are making efforts to help.
Hope your wife gets better soon and I wish you a happy new year!