New to the forum

I am caring for both elderly parents mum had stroke 3 years ago and it effected her mobility and memory she’s 82 dad is 91 and think he’s starting with dementia very bad short term memory and didn’t know who mum was last night hes refusing to visit doctor where do I go for help

Hi Jackie

Has there been a needs assessment for your parents …

And a carers assessment for you …

Has there every been a visit from an O/T.

Hi Jackie and welcome to the forum,

In addition to the advice from Sunnydisposition;

You could write/email your Dad’s GP and share your concerns. Although the GP wont be able to discuss your Dad’s health unless he has written consent or you have POA he can read and act on your concerns. You could ask the GP contacts your Dad for a ‘health check.’


(Not sure why my user name has changed to Temporary - I AM Melly1)

It’s time to introduce some more help to your family, so you get a rest and time off.
Do you live with them?
Are they both claiming Attendance Allowance?
Do you have Power of Attorney?
Do they have over £46,000 in savings? Yes/No

Hello Jackie
Welcome to the forum
The efforts you’re making for your parents is admirable, this is a difficult time for carers.
Have you thought about joining our weekly meetup?
We’re running series of them online weekly for carers to meet and chat informally. People say they’ve found it really helpful and supportive and it’s nice to be able to take a little bit of time for yourself. There’s no pressure to share any more than you’re comfortable with. Join up details are here: … ne-meetups

Do join if you’d like to
Best wishes