New to benefits. What to apply for first?


You are caring, not working, then you are now entitled to claim Carers Allowance.
This will give you NI contributions towards your pension.

It sounds like you both need good advice about what you are now entitled to.
I suggest you ring or email our Carers UK helpline for a confidential chat.