Mental health going down the drain. I can't support both of us psychologically

Hi @SimonA I hear you, you’re not getting anywhere, despite all your efforts, and she’s confused and you’re totally burnt out and it’s SO frustrating when you do all that and then you’re still told you’re not doing enough or the right thing
and @Shelly1 yessss we’ve all experienced that ‘care-splaining’ - https://forum.carersuk.org/t/bumper-stickers-for-carers/123563/65?u=victoria_1806

(I cared for my Dad through to his passing, he had vascular dementia, heart failure, bladder cancer and mobility issues due to rheumatoid arthritis. I care for Mum now.)

Your guilt or feeling bad or being led to feel your bad - it’s things we’ve each experienced and it’s real and you’re not alone. Each of our situations is unique in some ways but SO similar in others.

@SimonA How old’s your Mum? She’s been diagnosed with a condition?
It sounds like POSSIBLY??? there’s something going on beyond ‘being difficult’ - if she’s being even more than usual difficult…Dad got scared a lot and so he got really cantankerous and difficult and had weird behaviour episodes
I’d like to ask @Charlesh47 and @bowlingbun - who are MUCH more experienced than me about how to ask medical services to check on your Mum if you’re worried…I think I read in a post that it’s possible to raise concerns?!?
Sorry if you’re already done this, I’m thinking not about a therapist but about having a memory check or a GP assessment consult to see if something is underlying her behavior??!!

When we’re burnt out we do the doing and get worse…I’m wondering if some sort of intervention is possible for either of you @SimonA …and

@Shelly1 how are things since Oct 2022? Are you still able to have GP counselling?

HUGS and big empathy support!

1 Like