I'm new here

Hi all.

I’m new here. Been receiving the emails but this is the first time I’ve signed into the forum.

I’m Steve and I’ve been a carer for my mum for the past couple of years and finding it a struggle a
lot of the time. I do have some help and I am able to leave the house for limited periods, I find the
isolation the worst part, as I’m the only person living with my mum.

Steve.

Welcome.

How old is mum?
What care does she NEED?
Does she object if you go out?

Hi I am new to the Forum too.

I am a carer for my husband who has severe clinical depression, ocd,insomnia, hoarding. I have cared for him for the last 20 years.
Covid has made his illnesses worse and he is now more of a recluse.
I also have my own illnesses and have recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.
I rarely go out now and find online crafts helpful as well as the share and learn sessions :smiley: :slight_smile:

I agree with you Steve, I’ve pilled on the pounds since taking time off work and not being able to get out much drives me a little nuts…

Hi Steve and Deborah,

Welcome to the forum!

You’re not alone, we are sure that many on here will understand exactly how you feel and offer support. Caring can be very lonely and the pandemic has made caring responsibilities challenging as many carers have been socially restricted and unable to attend social groups etc. I hope that you find the support on here reassuring and helpful.

Carers UK are running online weekly meet ups for carers to take some time for themselves and chat to other carers. Feel free to join if you’d like to and there’s no pressure to share anything you don’t want to. If you are interested, you can register via clicking on the links below:
Care for a Cuppa: Online meetups | Carers UK
Share and Learn: Share and Learn | Carers UK
Our Telephone Helpline is available on 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm or you can contact us by email advice@carersuk.org

They also provide information and guidance to unpaid carers. This covers a range of subjects including:
Benefits and financial support
Services available to carers and the people you care for

Best wishes

Lucy.

Hi Steve

Welcome to the Forum, I hope you are finding it interesting so far.

Just wanted to highlight that we are currently running Forum Focus, an opportunity for Forum users to hear more about Carers UK’s work.

Find all the posts here: https://www.carersuk.org/forum/48

Thanks

Aaron