I am at my wits end and don’t know what to do!

Oh dear , those words again …UNSAFE HOSPITAL DISCHARGE ?

The BIBLE … in short , by the book or … NO DISCHARGE.
Being discharged from hospital - NHS

We were carers for too long. My husband DIED of a massive heart attack when only 58, I shall always believe that the stress of caring was a major contributory factor.

Don’t let this happen to either of you. Fight for your own lives together, at home, in peace while you are still fit enough and well enough to enjoy it.

This may be your last opportunity. Make the most of it.

As someone whos now a carer I can only repeat what others have said,Dont have her back at yours,If I had Children and was working there is no way I would take on this situation.Dont try and do everything,its hard but sometimes we have to think of ourselves,Imagine if looking after her goes on for years,it will be no life for you or your family.If shes being demanding now she will only get worse!!!

Thank you all.

I called the hospital and my partner went today and told them that he hopes they are not planning a normal discharge, and this is a complex discharge ( I downloaded something on the website ). Social services called and said rapid response is looking at 2 week care plan at my home, I told them politely NO and if you have read the notes on the 30 + calls I have made since 21st December you will know this is not a option.
I did say if rapid response covers helping me clean the carpets and replace my daughters mattress then call me back lol

Thanks again for all the advise I have left in their hands to sort

Theresa, well done.

I know you will have a tumble dryer full of emotions going round and round, and you won’t be feeling very good, but you did what you had to do for your family.

If you don’t stick up for them and yourself, no one else will. We are here for you. Try to relax, have a long soak in the bath tonight.

Theresa

Well done!

You were really assertive.

Cant believe they still wanted to discharge to YOUR HOUSE!

It’s good to be empowered…the people on this forum are so helpful and supportive.

The question remains: -
WHY are they still trying to send relatives home when those relatives have made it abundantly clear that they have had ENOUGH?
No one can be forced to care, so why are hospitals and Social Services trying to do just that???