How do I get supported Living?


I have two sons with a genetic disorder and receive PIP. One is 31 and one is 24.

They are looking for their own individual places to live. They will need support with cleaning, cooking, finances etc… we are happy to help but we will not be here forever and they would also like some independence. But I really do not know where to start with this. Can anybody help please.

It needs to be local to where we live also as neither can drive and cannot see this ever happening due to their disability

My son has severe learning difficulties, at 42, he can’t read, write, or do any maths.
He now lives in a privately rented flat with carer support.
Start by getting an updated Needs Assessment for both sons, from Social Services, and an updated Carers Assessment for you.
Make it clear that you CANNOT care for them any more.
There is a simple solution.
Don’t wait for Social Services help.
It won’t happen.
Start by finding out how much Housing Benefit they will each be entitled to.
Do they each need one to one care all the time, or can one person manage both of them?
Do they currently have any carers, day services, activities etc. organised.
Find a 3 or 4 bed house that can be privately rented.