Housing concerns!

Hi there!

Myself (33M), my partner (29F) my kids (3 and :sunglasses: live with my partners mother (64F - arthritis, depression and currently vertigo).

In the beginning my partners mother was looked after by her father, who passed a few years ago. Leaving her a house, he gave us strict instructions to move in and take care of her after he was gone (RIP).

Shortly after he passed we moved in, we started paying all of the bills, and she has gradually become more dependant, unable to cook, clean, do her washing, leave the bouse, lift more than a couple of pints of milk.

The additional load has been stressful, on top of full time work and rasing the little ones.

Anyway, i am growing increasingly concerned that my family and I could very rapidly become homeless should she require going into a care home.

As she is a home owner, is that a real risk? And is there anywhere i can get advice on what to do pr jow to plan for this, as we’re not in any financial position (despite working our butts off - combined income of £51,000).

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help! :slight_smile:

Talk to our CUK helpline, or Google Charging for Residential Care. It’s really good that you have been paying some of the bills.

Hello Kieron
As Bowlingbun mention please get in touch with our helpline, I’ve added the contact details for you here. They’ll be able to give you some advice Kieron, they can be contacted on 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm or you can contact us by email (advice@carersuk.org)

with best wishes
Ingrid