Holistic view of things

Hi. I am asking for a friend. She’s looking after her dad who had a stroke last year. He was doing okay. He was taken into hospital with ‘an absent seizure’ caused by a chest infection. Had a ct and mri. Definitely not a stroke and not covid-19. Now after nearly two weeks, there has only been a slight improvement. On oral antibiotics, rather than a drip, eating a modified diet, speech slurred. Obviously she can’t visit the hospital, what with this Coronavirus situation, so information is limited and difficult to get any information. She was told by the doctor, that they would be taking ‘a holistic’ "view of the situation now. Her dad is 80, but with the organs of a 90 year old. Are they just prolonging life? It’s driving her mad with the lack of information.
Thank you for any help

The definition of holistic is relating to the idea that things should be studied as a whole and not just as a sum of their parts. An example of holistic is health care that focuses on the health of the entire body and mind and not just parts of the body.

I think I would take this approach as a positive rather than negative one.

Speech slurred : when did this start and how long has it be going on for. I think I would make a phone call to his g.p. to discuss this further. Given his age and what he has been though. Maybe two weeks isn’t that long. The fact he is taking some nourishment hopefully is a good sign.

Rather than having the constant worry I would make some phone calls.

Thank you Sunnydispisition for your detailed reply, I will forward it on.
Thank you again