Hello

I’m a Newbie, care for my husband and 21 year old daughter with anxiety and chronic fatigue issues. Some days things are ok but some days its a huge struggle as they both vie for attention and support but for very different things. Husband is giving up work next year we hope as that’s a huge stress for him.
I’m a part-time Uni student started 6 years ago before life imploded and anxiety/fatigue became the norm for the household. My sister cares for my Dad, 8 hours away and I try to go up when I can to help her.
Looking forward to getting to know some people and learning about others and how they manage or cope.
Stay well
Andie

Hi Andrea,

Welcome to the forum.

sounds like you have a lot on your plate, Does you husband receive any support for his anxiety or your daughter have any outside help with everyday tasks?

Does your Dad have a care package in place?

What are you studying? Are you enjoying it?

Melly1

I studied for a part time degree in Business Studies about 30 years ago. Pure escapism. Husband not too supportive saying “you will ever use it”… Then he was made redundant, started his own business. Incredibly useful then! Later he died suddenly, I was left with 30 tons of lorry spares to sell. The degree was even more useful then! I used to think I deserved the degree just for getting to central Southampton in time when I had two children under 10, one brain damaged.

Hello - i’m new here also, I care for my son who has Autism. Seems to be a lovely helpful atmosphere, so hopefully you will find some reassurance among people going through similar things.

Dear Andrea_2206
Hi there! Im Kristie a volunteer online community host for Carers UK. I would just like to say that it sounds like you have a very busy life and i hope you get the support you need from fellow carers and the forum itself.
So welcome to the forum! You are not alone in your caring role and i am sure that many on here will understand exactly how you feel and will offer you the support that you need. Caring can be very lonely and the pandemic has made caring responsibilities challenging as many carers have been socially restricted and unable to attend social groups etc.
Carers UK are running two online weekly meet ups for carers and you can find the information on how to register at Care For A Cuppa:-Online meetups | Carers UK. The second online weekly meet up is called Share And Learn:-Share and Learn | Carers UK.
Our telephone number is 0808 808 7777 and the line is open Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am-6pm. Our email address is (advice@carersuk.org).
They provide information and guidance to unpaid carers. This covers:-
-Benefits And Financial Support
-Your Rights As A Carer In The Workplace
-Carers Assessments And How To Get Support In Your Caring Role
-Services Available To Carers And The People You Care For
-How To Complain Effectively And Challenge Decisions
Best Wishes
Kristie