Hello

Hi, my name is Andy. I’m 55 and a carer for my wife who is 54.
She has epilepsy, crohns disease, fibromyalgia and type 2 diabetes. Also hip problems. I have a long history of anxiety and depression, we both met at a local Mind group back in 1995.
Life can be a struggle but I’m sure you all know that :slight_smile:

Hi Andy and welcome,

Sounds like your wife’s diet must be complicated to manage.

Yes, life as a carer can be a struggle and this pandemic really isn’t helping!

Melly1

Hi Andy & welcome to the forum i’m Paul my wife also has epilepsy, Lisa’s epilepsy is refractory meaning it can’t be controlled but we’ve tried most treatment options over the years. I’m a bit younger than you at 48. Depression and epilepsy are closely associated with each other, i’m sorry to hear your wife has other issues too and yourself. Hopefully here you’ll get some support as a carer but there’s groups also on facebook which most of the epilepsy ones i’m a member of.
Nice to see you here anyway
Paul

Hi Andrew, welcome to our forum

This sounds like a really difficult situation for you. We’re running series of online weekly meet ups for carers to get together and chat informally, we run them every Monday afternoon. Many of our members who’ve come along have said they found it really helpful and supportive and it’s nice to be able to take a little bit of time for yourself. There’s no pressure to share any more than you’re comfortable with. Join up details are here:

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic … ne-meetups

Do join if you’d like to

Best wishes
Ingrid

Hi guys. Sorry for the silence since joining and thank you for the welcome. It sounds like you all have your work cut out. Caring can be lonely as you will all know, so its nice to know I’m not alone.

Yes my wife’s diet is unpredictable because of the crohns disease especially, she never quite knows what reaction she’ll get to a certain food. The diabetes is fairly well managed. And yes this pandemic has been a nightmare.

Anyway, thank you once again, I’ll try to pop back sooner.