Financial Help and advise please

Hi everyone. My name is Tia and I am currently caring for my husband who has COPD and my 90 year old parents one of whom has terminal liver and bladder cancer.

Is there anyone who can help point me in the right direction to enable me to purchase a new reliable used car? My husband is on PIP, but only the carers element so we can’t use mobility, and attendance allowance doesn’t give you that option either. We are also on UC so unable to obtain finance. I need the car to be able to get from one household to another daily, shopping etc and medical appointments.

Are there any charities that could possibly help me.

I have set up a go fund me page.

Any information will be invaluable.

Thank you :relaxed: for your time

HI there Tia

I’ve afraid I don’t any advice with regards to your purchase but I just wanted to welcome you to our forum.

I’m not sure if you are aware but we are running several online zoom sessions for carers. We run a weekly care for a cuppa session when carers come together weekly to chat and share information and also support each other. There’s no pressure to share anything you’re not happy to. We’re also run some fun online activities called Share and Learn ranging from singing to informative talks. Please check out our page, I’ve attached the link below, its a great way to meet other carers and pick up useful information.

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic … ne-meetups

with kind regards
Ingrid

Your parents should be receiving benefits and support from Social Services, which can then be used to pay you.