Fed up of GDPR as a carer

Hi all.

So once again GDPR is being actually extremely useless in regards to getting anything done. I get its purpose in safeguarding but my god is it annoying.

We officially gave up the house on the 3rd of June and had to wait 10 days for the deposit return.

Ive called the letting agents to ask about it and they said to contact a certain service and to login and stuff “What do you mean login?” This is the first time I’ve heard this.

All I do know is the deposit was paid by my late dad in June 2009. Smartphones were not really a thing (still taking off) so we definitely do not have any login details. The first smart phone in my house wasn’t until 2013 when I was 16.

I was given the details of the company it’s with and was asked to contact them. We obviously don’t have an actual account or the apps or things (I’m usually tech savvy and have an app for everything-but this is new).

I’ve called the company, I have every single detail they could ask for including reference I.Ds. They won’t tell me anything because I am not mum.

The deposit was actually paid by my dad in 2009 and he died in 2021, I’m legally the executor of his estate. But still no, they asked if I could ask him about the details.

Believe me I would love nothing more than to speak to dad again.

Ive had to get mum to ring them but honestly she is so frigging useless. She can’t convey simple conversation.

You can tell her 6000 times that if they ask a certain question just say yes. She will always answer no. When you tell her off she just says “well I don’t know do I? even though

It’s like this all the time.

You give her detailed instructions but she can’t communicate simple messages and yet people don’t understand.

I can give them all the maiden names, first schools, family history back to 2000bc, blood types, and it’s still not enough.

1 Like