Dwp

Hi I’m new to this site but looking for some advice. My work received a letter Sept 2017 saying I was under investigation for fraud and needed information from them (I worked in the finance department so this letter actually came to myself) I had to get another member of staff to fill this form in. I called the fraud team and the man was really rude on the phone and said I was under investigation for fraud due to claiming carers allowance. I’ve claimed carers allowance for my son for 9 year now, I’ve always been honest and kept myself right. I called dwp last March to let them know my hours were going up at work and the gentleman I spoke to on the phone said as long I was still caring for my son more than 35 hours a week there would not be a problem. I explained all of that to the man at the fraud team and he told me I was still under investigation. I then called the dwp after speaking to him and explained my situation he told me not to worry he would stop my carers allowance and send me a form out to fill out so I could pay any over payment back. I agreed to this and when the forms arrived I filled them out and sent them back. So today my post has arrived from the man whole doing the investigation and I have k ow been cautioned to an interview in regards to my carers allowance. I’m really worried cause I have not done anything wrong, I’ve also since had to leave my job and start a new job with less hours due to my son needing more care again after another op. Could anyone please give me advice

Hi Lesa … welcome to the canteen.

There is a main thread covering the DWP purge with some guidance within :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/carer-disability-benefits/dwp-on-the-warpath-carers-in-the-frame-sweep-nets-11-000-caught-up-please-report-on-this-thread-34576?hilit=dwp%20purge

I monitor said thread twice daily to ensure that ALL news is reported thereon.

I strongly recommend reading that thread as a first step.

Thereafter , return to us if you need any further information.