DLA renewal and carers allowance

Can someone help please?

I am on income support, carers allowance for my son (his claim doesn’t conflict with mine) and I get disability premiums as I am on pip. My partner is also on carers allowance (joint income support claim).

My sons dla is due to run out next month, (it’s currently waiting to be renewed) I phoned dla who said they are working behind or renewing on the day the claim runs out but there is a very small chance it could run out before it’s looked at.

I know my carers allowance would stop, but would my income support stop? Baring in mind my partner is still a carer and I get disability premiums on top.
It says online it would continue for 8 weeks after carers allowance has stopped and in that time they should of done the m renewal but I’m terrified it will push me onto universal credit. :sob:

HI Yasmin,

Yes UC is a nightmare. S has to claim that. I hope this get sorted quickly for you.

I suggest you contact the helpline if you need advice:

Our telephone Helpline is available on 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm or you can contact us by email (> advice@carersuk.org> )

Melly1