Course funding whilst providing end of life care for parent

Afternoon,

So I am new to carersuk however not new to caring. In November of last year my father who is a widow since my mum died 11 years ago had a dehibilatating stroke that left him with severe aphasia only to then have been diagnosed with dementia at a later date. As both my brother and sister live at opposite ends of the UK I knew that the only opportunity for my dad to have some semblance of normality in his care was for me to become his full-time carer. I was working as a real time analyst for a customer service outsourcing company prior to becoming a carer and enjoyed the role and ideally would have liked to further my career in this field but would not discount other options. I am fortunate in that my father physically seems better since I have provided him with a balanced diet (i suspect his diet prior to his stroke may have been a contributing factor) and mentally although some days are better than others for the most part his dementia is not progressing as quickly as medical staff had suspected it would which is obviously fantastic.
I find myself with some downtime each day as a consequence and was wondering if anyone is aware of any funding available to full-time carers to reignite there carer opportunities once there caring duties end as honestly I find myself really anxious about what my opportunities are in the future.
Your help and suggestions would be most welcome.

Can we start with the basics first?
How old are you, and dad?
Have you had a Carers Assessment, and dad a Needs Assessment, from Social Services?
Is dad claiming Attendance Allowance (assuming he’s over pension age) and you, Carers Allowance?
Has anyone told you that dad is EXEMPT from Council Tax on the grounds of “severe mental impairment”?
Does dad have over £23,000 in savings (usually the threshold for council funded support)?