CHC/Personal Health Budget

A couple of things. I’ve asked for my Mum urgently needing an up-to-date Needs Assements, as the Care Agency are seriously putting my Mum’s health at risk coz she should be qualifying for CHC for me to get a more supportive Care Agency.

I have heard CHC is the same as Personal Health Budgets. The two seem to be totally different, although I have heard that if you qualify for CHC you’re entitled to a PHB.

I’ve also heard on here, that Wheelchair users from 2nd December are entitled to a PHB. I’m thinking if my Mum isn’t qualified for CHC, then seeing she is a wheelchair user; I could get a proper Care Agency to be more supportive, she’d be able to use the wheelchair, as Dementia prevents her being hoisted.

But who do I ask about PHB? As the CCG haven’t phoned me back.

PHBs ?

NHS web site … all you need to know :
What is a personal health budget? - NHS

A snippet :

__

What is a personal health budget ?

A personal health budget is an amount of money to support your health and wellbeing needs, which is planned and agreed between you (or someone who represents you), and your local NHS team. It is not new money, but it may mean spending money differently so that you can get the care that you need.

A personal health budget allows you to manage your healthcare and support such as treatments, equipment and personal care, in a way that suits you. It works in a similar way to personal budgets, which allow people to manage and pay for their social care needs.

The right to have a personal health budget only applies to adults receiving NHS continuing healthcare (NHS-funded long-term health and personal care provided outside hospital) > and children in receipt of continuing care.

Disability Rights Factsheet No.41 also cover this :
https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/personalisation-–-personal-health-budgets

Wheelchair users and PHBs ?

NHS again :

__

Personal wheelchair budgets

In May 2016, Simon Stevens announced that NHS England would be developing a personal health budgets model for the provision of wheelchairs. Since April 2017, all clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) in England have been expected to start developing local personal wheelchair budget offers to replace the current wheelchair voucher system.

The Department of Health and Social Care announced in February 2019 that the legal right to a personal health budget is being extended to people who access wheelchair services, whose posture and mobility needs impact their wider health and social care needs. This legal right is expected to come into force by the end of 2019.

Thanks Chris, but as per your link https://www.england.nhs.uk/personal-health-budgets/personal-wheelchair-budgets/frequently-asked-questions/ how do you know which one’s applicable?

Frequently asked questions section ?

What’s the question ?

I’ll have a crack at answering it.

The Personal Budget situation changes next week, for those who are wheelchair users, but there is very little info at the moment that reflects this.

My cared for person will be affected then. Who do I speak to about his personal budget?

Links posted earlier ???