Carers Mental health - good news needed

Our forum seems to be full of doom and gloom, so I’ve started this thread so that people can give examples of GOOD things that have happened as a result of the virus and being grounded.

Can you help???

One of my caree’s loves adult colouring books, I bought her a big pack of pens and some colouring books and she is having the time of her life colouring.
And she is very skilled, just amazing the colours, the pictures she has done.
I printed out some rainbow patterns and she has coloured those in stuck them in the window to show hope.

She is quite happy being inside as long as she has pens and colouring books.

That’s a good idea. My son might like that too. Thanks.

Mmm … because I am walking with S EVERY day - I’m getting more exercise than usual and walking for longer :slight_smile:

Melly1

I’m dancing and exercising to music on my mini Itrampoline every day which is fun.

Aa well as a lovely walk in my locality which is much better than I thought. With lots of walks and footpaths off it! Will try footpaths after lockdown!

I’m eating healthier as I’m not eating lots of chips out!

My son is making a chocolate cake…not so healthy. Oh well I tried lol

My grandson reminds me of Henry Ford: “Any colour as long as it’s black” for his Model T Ford.
Grandson: “Any flavour as long as it’s chocolate”
He made 24 little chocolate cakes last weekend. Tasted great, not so good for the waistline.

This has not been a good morning.

After spending the last two weeks quarantined inside the house, I decided to go horseback riding, something I haven’t done in many years. It turned out to be a bad decision!

I got on the horse and started out slowly, but then we went a little faster; before I knew it, we were going as fast as the horse could go.

I couldn’t take the pace and fell off and caught my foot in the saddle stirrup, the horse was then dragging me. The horse just would not stop.

Thankfully the manager at Tesco came out and unplugged the machine.

:mrgreen:

Nice one Ayjay!

Love that Ajay!

Ajay

You had me going there Ajay!

Oh Ayjay, what are you like?! :laughing:

S and I have started Facetiming and I think I’m actually more connected with folk than I was before as they are all stuck at home and available - just like me!!

Melly1