carers allowance 

Hi
Just putting a claim in for carers allowance for me to look after my dad who need a lot of help he gets AA allowance and pension credit at a higher level
Is thir anything more I can claim as £66 is not a lot
Thanks

What age are you?

Are you still working and/or remain working.

Effect on other benefits
Carer’s Allowance can affect the other benefits that both you and the person you care for get.

Effect on the benefits of the person you care for
When you claim Carer’s Allowance, the person you care for will stop getting:

a severe disability premium paid with their benefits
an extra amount for severe disability paid with Pension Credit, if they get one
They might also stop getting reduced Council Tax. Contact their local council to find out if this affects them.

I am 58 just bean made redundant and just signed onto jsafor the frist time in 40 years
My dad needs help now and he wants me to look after him and not have carers to come in and do it
But £66 a week us not a lot but if claim that he will lose sime of the other benefits he get
Carnt win

John to qualify for carers you need to provide at least 35 hours a week. Even though 24 x 7 as many carers do. So you could have carers and also Dad should still have social carers or alternative. You could then also maybe in the future work part time. It’s better not to let your Dad be totally reliant on you.

You need to contact the Carers UK help line etc

As they can help with knowing what you can further claim. The impacts etc.

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/talk-to-us

UC is so different than the old system - many could have answered these types of questions. UC is still quite new.