Carers allowance

Hi can anyone give me some advice
I am a full time carer for my partner who has physical and mental health issues.
My farther now needs full time carer as he has dementia. Can I claim any carer allowance for him or do i have to look after both on the one care allowance.

Can only claim it once. Silly rule but it is the rule

As our Lord Kitch says :

Why not be really patriotic and care for 2 or 3 ?

Sorry we cannot afford to provide any extra rations.

If more than one of you is needed to care for a caree , sorry , only one Carers Allowance ration allowed.

Ian, there are other possibilities.
Have both partner and father had a Needs Assessment from Social Services, and you, a Carers Assessment, so you can find out what help and support is available?
Is dad living alone, claiming Attendance Allowance, and exemption from Council Tax due to Severe Mental Impairment?