Carers Allowance Suspending/Ending

I reported that the person I care for is in hospital on two occasions since the 17th March (17th March to 22nd March and 24th March until present). My carers allowance will end when the person I care for’s personal independence payments suspend after 28 days in hospital. Universal Credit have said I will lose my carers element as well. This will hit me hard financially. I am still providing support to the person I have been providing support to in hospital every day.

With my carers element suspending on Universal Credit and my Carers Allowance ending will I have to look for work to continue claiming Universal Credit? If so I don’t know when I will find time to do this as I am at the hospital every day.

The person I care for is in a life threatening situation with his health.

Thank you for any help given.

Hi
I am concerned for you. it is enough for you to be with the person you care for being so unwell and all the feelings that must bring.
You should not have to worry about money.
I would call or email the carers advice line linked to this site and the citizens advice.
Take care of you as much as you can.

Good Morning Tom

Sorry to read of your current situation.

Hospital and benefits - Turn2us.

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/financial-support/help-with-benefits/carers-allowance#:~:text=If%20your%20Carer’s%20Allowance%20stops,Universal%20Credit%20will%20also%20stop.

Dear Tom_2204
Hi i am Kristie a volunteer online community host for Carers UK. I am very sorry to hear about your problems and i hope Carers UK can help you. Carers UK have a telephone number which i will give to you below and i am sure they will be able to assist you.
So Welcome to the Forum! You are not alone in your caring role and i am sure that many on here will understand exactly how you feel and will offer you the support that you need. Caring can be very lonely and the pandemic has made caring responsibilities challenging as many carers have been socially restricted and unable to attend social groups etc.
Carers UK are running two online weekly meet ups for carers and you can find the information on how to register at Care For A Cuppa:-Online meetups | Carers UK. Then the second online weekly meet up is called Share And Learn:-Share and Learn | Carers UK.
Our telephone number is 0808 800 7777 and the line is open from Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am-6pm. The email address is:advice@carersuk.org).
They provide information and guidance to unpaid carers. This covers:-
-Benefits And Financial Support
-Your Rights As A Carer In The Workplace
-Carers Assessments And How To Get Support In Your Caring Role
-Services Available To Carers And The People You Care For
-How To Complain Effectively And Challenge Decisions.
Best Wishes
Kristie.

Thank you Kristie for your message. I have emailed them at the email address advice@carersuk.org as I won’t be able to phone as the signal is rubbish at the hospital. I look forward to their reply.

Thanks once again for your help.

Dear Tom
I hope you get the reply back that you need to hear. Also there is a lot of information on the webpage so do have a look and see if you can find anything that would help you.

Yours sincerely

Kristie