Carer for husband in pain

My husband in constant paIn.can do nothing around the house.tired.no sex as can no longer perform.has neuropathy is diabetic and has heart condition.how do I cope now I am a carer not wife anymore.sometines want to leave

Hi Claire,

Welcome to the forum!
You’re not alone, we are sure that many on here will understand exactly how you feel and offer support. Caring can be very lonely and the pandemic has made caring responsibilities challenging as many carers have been socially restricted and unable to attend social groups etc.

There are many forms of support and advice that Carers UK can provide you Claire to help you to cope with your situation.

Carers UK are running online weekly meet ups for carers to take some time for themselves and chat to other carers. Feel free to join if you’d like to and there’s no pressure to share anything you don’t want to.

You can find information on how to register to our online meetups at the following pages:
Care for a Cuppa: Online meetups | Carers UK
Share and Learn: Share and Learn | Carers UK

Our Carers UK Telephone Helpline is available on 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm or you can contact us by email (advice@carersuk.org) Please feel free Claire, to contact Carers UK using these platforms

They also provide information and guidance to unpaid carers. This covers a range of subjects including:

Benefits and financial support
Your rights as a carer in the workplace
Carers’ assessments and how to get support in your caring role
Services available to carers and the people you care for
How to complain effectively and challenge decisions

Best wishes