Booster

Hi im a carer for my mum.i had both vaccines at my gp surgery will the booster also be at my gp surgery?
Many thanks

Hello
On our Covid FAQs page we updated on 27 September:
When will I receive my booster jab?
“If you are eligible, you will be invited to take the booster jab according to the priority order set out by the JCVI. As with the flu vaccine, you will be able to receive this at a local medical practice such as your GP practice or closest pharmacy. We understand that carers will be contacted by the NHS when it is time to arrange a booster jab.”

The full information is here: Vaccine guidance | Carers UK

But if you do have any Covid-19 questions do phone our helpline on 808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm or you can contact us by email advice@carersuk.org

Kind regards,
Tony - Carer Support team, Carers UK

Hello, Susan. It seems that the system is that you go for the vaccination where you are told to go. My wife and I were sent to the far side of town for ours, even though there were vaccination stations closer by. I would not assume your next vaccination will be at the same place as previously.

I suggest you put this question to your surgery. I am sorry I cannot be more helpful.

In our area booster jabs are being done at a local community hub although the initial jabs (1 & 2) were done at GP surgeries soit’s quite likely that your booster will be at a different location.

You should expect to be called/advised 6 months after your 2nd jab. (Mine was early April so I expect to get a call or text within the next week or so.)

My area selected pharmacies.