Booster jab for cev people and for those who care for them

This will be a lengthy post. I received a text from NHS this morning for my 87 year old CEV husband to have his booster jab. I am his full time and only carer. I rang 119 and spoke to a very pleasant lady who informed me, after I asked her, that I could NOT be given the booster jab together with my husband. She advised that I speak with our Surgery. I sent them an email. The response was short and sweet: “Unfortunately this new service of the COVID booster is out of our control and we are not dealing with this I’m afraid”.IS this the truth??? How can I ascertain that my Surgery is in fact giving me the correct information?? Can anybody answer me this question please???

Copied and pasted from the Gov’t website : NOTE THE GRAMMAR HERE! “MAY” is hypothetical! “May”. Why “May”??? I qualify for all 4 points stated below.
Carers.
You may be able to get the COVID-19 vaccine if any of the following apply:

you are a main carer for someone at high risk from COVID-19
your GP record shows you are a carer
you get a Carer’s Allowance or other support following an assessment by your local authority" This is the link Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine - NHS

Now. 1)If yours truly becomes ill, WHO will care for my vulnerable husband? 2) Why on earth is it so darned difficult to grasp this? 3) I come under category 4.
I was told this by my Surgery way back but made such a fuss that an appointment WAS FOUND for me! I too was double vaccinated pretty quickly.
That is my rant everyone!
I am NOT a happy bunny! The whole system is shambolic.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Stay safe.

Hi Roberta,

The ‘may’ is in connection re carers having the first two doses of vaccine. It isn’t used in connection to the booster jab.

Who can get a COVID-19 booster vaccine

Booster vaccine doses will be available on the NHS for people most at risk from COVID-19 who have already had 2 doses of a vaccine.

This includes:

people aged 50 and over
people who live and work in care homes
frontline health and social care workers
people aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts them at high risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19
carers aged 16 and over
people aged 16 and over who live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
People who are pregnant and in 1 of the eligible groups can also get a booster dose.

Did you have your first vaccination at the same time as your husband?

You will be called for your booster, but it won’t be until 6 months after you had your second dose.

Carers Uk information on the booster Vaccine guidance | Carers UK

Melly1