Benefit enquiry

Hi There,

I’m wondering if anybody knows the answer to this question. I currently receive the carers element of UC, I only work 26 hours and care for my husband the rest of the time. My husband also gets lcwra within our UC. My husband is thinking of attempting to try doing some work from home. would i lose the carers element if he started doing work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi there try the carers helpline they can help. @Charlesh47

As @Michael_1910123 says, the best bet is the Carers UK helpline: they’re fully up to date with all the regulations, etc. The telephone Helpline is available on 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm (excluding Bank Holidays) or you can contact them by email (advice@carersuk.org).

If you have a more complex query, it’s best to email, as we’ll be able to provide more information. They may need a lot of information you can’t really share on here.

Does anybody know when carers allowance is going up in april.

Carers Allowance, like all other benefits, is tied into the financial year which always starts on 6th April. First couple of payments (if paid weekly) are often +/- the quoted figure until the payment date settles into it’s regular pattern.

From April 2024, Carer’s Allowance will be worth £81.90 a week, £327.60 every four weeks and £4,258.80 a year.