£140 Energy Rebate Scheme

Hello: I’m a carer temp resident with my mother for whom I care. Temporarily not occupying my own home, thus not paying CT on it under carers’ provision (though I still pay energy bills for it, of course, albeit less than they would be otherwise), am I entitled to the national rebate? I see no reason why not (energy I’m not using there is energy I am using at my mother’s!), but the council is indicating non-entitlement. I cannot see their logic. You don’t have to be paying CT to get the rebate (as you may be on low income, receiving full CT Support - as is the cae with my mother, and she IS entitled to the rebate).

Many thanks.

Hi Marcus,

welcome to the forum.

I suggest you contact the Carers Uk helpline

You can email us at > adviceline@carersuk.org > and we will respond to your enquiries within 10 working days, although it can often be sooner.

Our telephone helpline providing inf

Mellyormation is open from Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm - 0808 808 7777

or the Citizens advice bureau.