Wiltshire Farm Foods

Any carer knows its hard to feed the person you care for. With a wide variety and healthy options.

I had my first delivery from Wiltshire Farm Foods and I can’t wait to try my next meal tomorrow…

My Mum is hard to convince, but ate every morsel of her lunch. She’s now spent the past two hours going through the catalogue…

The reason for my post is, this is a really good solid company who can be trusted.

But you all know that already…

Yes, I 've heard that. I got their catalogue last year and the Christmas package sounded yummy😋!

Glad you enjoyed a meal you didn’t have to cook or prepare. Glad the meals are a success for you and your Mum and are making your life a bit easier. Do you think you will spend more or less on food using these meals?

Melly1

I’d thought of trying WFF but I don’t think my dad would be able to deal with the intercom to let someone in any more and they don’t seem to give a specific delivery time. Has anyone found a way round those sorts of issues?

They have to take in account the traffic on the roads etc which is why no specific time is listed. Perhaps he could ask a friend to deal with the delivery on his behalf? Or you could have it sent to your property instead?

Sorry if my post sounded like an advert, I was just genuinely pleased at the service and quality provided. Not to mention the fact we now have access to a massive range of meals. I do all our shopping round the local corner shop and the same old meals over and over again was getting cumbersome.

They are expensive, but Mum and I had slipped into the habit of ordering takeaway four times a week, even more expensive. Next week we’ve ordered four meals each and simply by cutting out one takeaway we are spending the same whilst also being just a little healthier.

It was the open delivery times that originally put me off, but I saw the van going to my next door neighbours at roughly the same time each Monday so made a punt. Once you find out the delivery time, it will be roughly the same each week.

My wife and I had Xmas dinners two years running.
Not too bad we thought.

How much are they?

Alas, he has no friends and I’m at work so I don’t think there’s a way round it. It’s a shame as they offer a much greater variety than his current choice of Sainsbury’s ready meals!

I’m not sure I understand why: anyone can cook, anyone can read a recipe if necessary, info about healthy foods is readily available, (although mostly bunk, I’ve ignored 90% of it for years).

I’m glad you’re enjoying the Wilshire Farm meals. Must be cheaper than ordering in four time a week. I know because I used Just Eat quite a bit after my mum died. Ayjay has a good point. With cooler weather approaching, maybe you could experiment and cook up some soup, or a nice stew with vegetables - something that your mum used to make perhaps? Something simple but tasty you could make in one pot, or slow cooker or pressure cooker. Your mum would be proud of you ( she already is I don’t doubt)!

I loved cooking for hubby pre and post illness. Its me now, I truthfully have no pleasure in preparing veg etc for myself. The easiest and quickest now. Been like it since hubby went into the nursing home, then sadly passed away in May.

Yes, Pet66, more of a hastle than pleasurable - not to mention 3 or 4 helpings of leftovers for the week!

Hi Stephen

Thanks for this - sounds great. I’m going to look. My Mum hates the ready meals we buy her for the carers to reheat when we aren’t there.

it is such a shame that meals on wheels died a death as would be perfect for my Mum.

I’m glad you are all happy with Wiltshire Farm Fords. When my caree was still interested in food, he did not like them. We bought a few and put them in the freezer. The only thing he liked was the puddings and custard - and this was before he only ate sweet things - and puddings and custard were not a problem. The problem was getting meals in that his carers could cook in the microwave. They were not able to do anything more than boil eggs - one of them once made an omelette which he was looking forward to, but she didn’t know about omelettes being light and fluffy and produced a cardboard-like structure which I later gave to the foxes.

I can’t remember an ordering problem, as we put meals in the freezer. I suppose WFF want you to order regularly?

I have tried Cook!, which are sold at a farm shop not far from here. They are probably more expensive but they taste better. https://www.cookfood.net

I’m just posting that link in case anyone’s caree is fussier. Eventually my caree gradually lost interest in food anyway.

About a fiver.

When we were a family I cooked, to a low level for my dad and we took it in turns.
Dad would put a pie in the oven and call it cooking, I’d do Chicken stew. Dad would put another pie in the oven and I’d make Minced beef and onions. So on and on.

Mum is a vegetarian and while I go out of my way to make sure she eats healthily, I’m not going to start reading recipes to make meals from scratch. We are in a position where money doesn’t matter. Mum will be getting a veggie deluxe with large fries tomorrow and if last week is to go by, her burger will be gone before I even sit down to eat my Big Mac…

I’m THIS CLOSE. Because everytime I try to make a helpful post it gets turned against me.

Stephen
Forgive me but I am failing to see who has turned against you? I haven’t for one, it gave me food for thought, pun not intended!
Others have expressed interest and how they cope or not.
What are you THIS CLOSE to?

Good morning Stephen. I wasn’t intending to be harsh in any way.

Wilshire Farm meals sound and look really good. They say you can order what you want and when you want it. No pressure to commit to more than you need. I ought to find space in the freezer and get some in.

It is very much to your credit not to resent buying what she enjoys, without slaving away in the kitchen yourself.

I don’t suppose the mixed veggies and chips did last long! I suppose writing about one pot meals was a way to encourage me to clean the kitchen and get cooking again. I smiled at the thought of your dad’s pie baking. I do that quite often!