Top tips on applying for benefits - how to tackle the forms!

Ever felt frustrated with the process of applying for a benefit? We have a page devoted to helping you with filling in the forms here: Filling in forms | Carers UK

1 Like

Thanks for this. I was on lower rate PIP for ADHD and other things (my partner is on higher rate), but they reassessed my PIP last summer and gave me zero for everything! And the thing with ADHD is, it makes all the paperwork well nigh impossible. So this looks like it’ll be useful.

1 Like

Hi @Marn If you feel comfortable, hop over to Roll Call where lots of folks share and chat, about whatever you like.
https://forum.carersuk.org/t/roll-call-march-2024/124620?u=victoria_1806

Join in or have a read
take care

1 Like

I have very arthritic fingers, can type, but can’t hand write more than a sentence comfortably. When my son’s PIP renewal was due, I asked DWP to send someone to help me with the forms. He was lovely, so helpful, and encouraged me to say yes when otherwise I would have said no. Soon after he’d been I had a call from an OT, just to ask a couple of questions that I think she knew the answer to already, and within a couple of weeks everything was settled. I had to wait for a while before his visit, so technically beyond the “reply by…” date, but that was OK as I’d arranged a Visiting Officer. A very positive experience.

1 Like

I hate filling in forms now. Years and years of doing so has caught up with me. I am quite a methodical person and fill them in as soon as I receive them. What really annoys me is even though i have learned over the years to send everything “Signed For” they still write and say they have not received it! I have a signature to say it has been received but that’s not good enough for them and I have to send it all again. Fortunately I have also learned to photocopy everything. Even when I send them a photo of the envelope with “signed for” sticker, all ready to go in the post, they say they haven’t got it. :triumph:

1 Like