tired

Im so tired i need a break , 7 years and not 1 break , TV is shit , do they forget people like me care 24/7 for family , dont get out TV is important to people like me who have given their life up to look after parents , we have had midsomers everyday now we have either cape fear or the green mile to watch , seen both hundreds of times , the green mile wins , butr for gods sake remember the full time carers at home , no life , we are the forgotten people who no one thinks about, we deserve a life like anyone else , but because we love and give our life up for someone we are punished , money wise , mentely, and tv also forgets we watched the same last night , i hate my life, had to give up my job years ago , lost all my friends as they fed up of me as im stuck with mum 24/7, my husband living his own life as i cannot live it with him and im given 66.00 a week to live on carers allowance , im in the gutter

Hi Wendy, TV has been dreadful!

I’ve been asleep for a few hours, so wide awake now, I’ve caught a bad chest infection from my son with LD who has now gone back to his flat.
Who do you care for? It’s so important to step off the treadmill now and then.

TV is the opium of the masses, when you have the time to watch TV - do something other than watch TV.

If you’re watching TV because you just want to chill out , then read a book instead, or do a crossword, or go and sit in the garden for a while and just watch and listen.

There are a million other things that you could be doing.

__

TV is the opium of the masses.

Love it and … only too true … if the masses cannot think for themselves ?

1984 / 2019 … what’s next … a happy pill in every take-a-way ?

I can’t take all of the credit, I was paraphrasing Karl Marx:- “Religion is the opium of the masses”

Start by telling us about your parents. Ages? Disabilities? Do they own or rent this home? Do you live with them, or have a home of your own?
Do they have over£46,000 in savings?
Do you have Power of attorney?

__

I can’t take all of the credit, I was paraphrasing Karl Marx:- “Religion is the opium of the masses”

Had me going for a nano second … I thought you were quoting Groucho ?

Back to Wendy … the answers to BB’s question will enable us to zero in on possible solutions for your entrapment.

Outside care support being just one … depending on those answers.