SureSafe GO Plus family monitored device

Does anyone have personal experience of using this?

Nope - sorry. But looks as though it would have been great for Dad when he was still with us…

Thanks @Charlesh47 i’ve bitten the bullet and bought it
The sales person answered ALL my questions :wink:
In brief why I’m buying and what they said:

• the 'service provider for our existing Alarm system, with pendant is changing
  • VERY unimpressed by previous ‘call out team’ when dad fell
  • new mobile devices can detect falls, gps track in home and outside, and with ‘family monitoring’ it can be used in Euro zone! because it’s like any other mobile service.
  • can have 24/7 monitoring (no eurozone roaming usage) permanent ordered sequence of response-calls - don’t need this now but will upgrade possibly later date. Easy to do, and pro-rata refund of previous ‘package’
  • looks like smart watch, SOS and talking with watch. ‘Check with wearer, then call to me’ is how we’ll use it (testing when I go on my few days away soon)
  • If Mum, then I can’t respond - the response team will call emergency service to the gps enabled location…
    (not applicable for us but I can see how this is useful for loved ones with dementia, as the app comes with a tracker)

I’ll report back…keeping the other system until we’ve tested things.
I hope this test can help inform others
Oh and there are different coloured straps so Mum chose the one she likes the most :wink:

1 Like

In case anyone is interested

• ordered the suresafe go before 1pm Thursday and it arrived via royal mail Friday morning
  • the special sim was already installed in and the battery was already charged at 70%
  • Watch-like quite chunky with neoprene adjustable strap
  • USB charger with plug, that connects magnetically with back of the watch
  • super easy QR code register BUT requires 100% charge to complete the settings…doesn’t take long to charge
  • set up super easy using the number and password which is very obvious and supplied
  • Set up for only me as the contact - we will upgrade to the 24/7 monitoring at some point which means if I don’t answer, it’ll kick to the monitoring team to call out an ambulance
  • 1 button (slightly raised up and rubber) push and tells the time and amount of battery left
  • the button above is the SOS, held for a long 3 seconds it dials to the number I gave - me…and keeps dialing until I pick up
  • the side buttons : top cancels the SOS
  • bottom side button = power off

Mum says jovially that I’ve now tagged her…but now she’s cottoned on that she can ‘buzz me’ when her appointment is done or if I’m not near :wink:
there is a ‘geo fence’ you draw on the map how large or small the area is and if the person goes outside it there’s an alert.

For this reason, I don’t think it’s for everyone. Mum and I have aligned on how and when we’ll use it in specific instances. This is us ‘preparing’ - she’s been a little less stable and one of my BIG post-trauma things is falls - given what happened a few times with Dad
there are different types. The watch can be put on or taken off easily.

Since I’m with her 24/7 there’s limited need FYI the ‘geo fence’ alert shows the house but not rooms - Mum was wondering if I’d see her going to the loo :rofl:

This has a Falls alert system
There’s also a medication alert system - I put in the time for Mum’s pills and there was the voice ‘you need to take your medication’ VERY handy!

Overall very pleased, for our setup works.
I could hear her really well when we tested it calling me
The app on my phone - I can see location, alerts of when I was call-alerted, battery capacity left
£169.95 the SIM £84/year

The 24/7 monitoring with team - sequenced order of calls if first doesn’t respond then they call ambulance £21.99/month - upgrade free, and refund pro rata sim charge

Mum’s using the pendant now with 24/7 monitoring.
The wristwatch version is great and called through to me but it’s main component, the watch-like piece is quite ‘chunky’ and bulky for Mum’s small wrist. So I got a full refund, and got the pendant version instead
The support & sales team are REALLY good. I could either send the watch back first, get refunded and then get the pendant or pay for the pendant and get refunded afterwards. I did option 2 so that we weren’t without a device

While the watch was good to call me, we decided that’s useless in an emergency - better to go straight to 24/7 monitor team who call-check via the pendant, and then call an ambulance immediately AND me, and can stay on the line until an ambulance arrives.

She dropped the pendant by accident last night and it triggered the team to call through the pendant so she needed to shout she’s ok.
If the pendant falls and there’s no follow-up motion after a few seconds the team is alerted to talk to her through the pendant
This is better than the wristwatch that was only set up to call me
So Mum’s tested the pendant, by accident - and is bolstered by knowing how it works…she’s talked about it 4 times so far :wink:
It reassures me that whether I’m in a bedroom behind doors outside or away she has something effective AND is comfortable with it