Support Needs Assessment Form Help

Hi,

I need help filling out this form. I don’t know what to write or how to write it to gain direct payments. It asks

What Support do you require to maintain social relationships (the people that I know but not including any paid support) and to take part in activities within the community.

What support do you require to be actively engaged in volunteering or employment opportunities including work placements? (Best to put something in to gain points even if you cannot work due to health)?

What support do you require to to actively engaged in learning or developmental opportunity. eg the promotion of independent living skills?

Are you also a parent or carer?

What support do you require to manage day to day tasks involved in contributing to the household that I am living in? e.g housework, shopping, gardening, budgeting and paying bills?

Staying safe- it would be expected that there is evidence of significant risk of harm and abuse to self in order to support this assessment.

Risk to others, what things do I do which effect others in a negative way and the support I need to manage this? it would be expected that there is evidence of significant risk of harm and abuse to self in order to support this assessment.

Available social support what support do you have available eg. friends, family or neighbours.

Family carer and informal support Do you have any unpaid carers? What is their life like?

Tell Social Services to send someone round to talk to you and fill in the form for you. After all, they earn £30,000+ to do this sort of thing!

Last time I did they just left the form for me to fill out big mistake.

Loads of them don’t know how to fill the form out as they told me i will be back when the form is filled out!

I fear them filling the form out as they are looking at ways not to help you making obstacles and laws to prevent you from getting support in my experience over the last 5 years. When you get their managers and advocacy workers involved they start doing their job properly and that not just social workers its across everywhere.

Hi Pipsy
Have you tried your local Citizens Advice Bureau ? I believe that they help with form filling.

When I had to fill out forms for Mum I found it very useful to get a couple of photocopies and use them as “practice runs” before finally completing the copy that had to be sent off.

According to the Care Act, Needs Assessments should be updated annually. A Care Plan cannot be finalised until it takes into consideration the needs of the carer looking after that person. It’s NOT just a bit of paper anyone can do, it’s a really important part of the assessmentcare plan process.

Setting up an appointment with cab takes 3-6 months round here!

Even when you do get an appointment the staff are not trained in direct payments and just pretend they know what your talking about and print sheets off a website to give to you they want you to go elsewhere not take it on board in my experience.

Most people are looking for the easy way out however you do get the odd person who knows the script.

Regarding the annual reviews these have not been done? So, can you sue them in court for it?

__

Regarding the annual reviews these have not been done? So, can you sue them in court for it?

First step , explore the LA’s web site for their guidance on Direct Payments.

If they have been negligent … e.g. forgot about periodic reviews … there is usually a prescribed complaints procedure to follow.

I assume no designated social worker for the caree ?

As a last resort , the LA and Social Care Ombudsman … contact details posted in reply to one of your earlier threads.

( Taking legal action ? I assume that the caree has very deep pockets ?

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-and-advice/carer-disability-benefits/legal-aid-for-benefit-social-care-disputes-challenging-the-system-think-again-the-monies-aren-t-there-anymore-32817?hilit=legal%20aid )

As for the initial application … Which? web site for some help :

Care needs assessment: how to apply and prepare - Which?
__

Preparing for the needs assessment.

Preparing for your needs assessment is key.

We take you through the things that will be considered and how to get ready for your assessment.
>

“According to the Care Act, Needs Assessments should be updated annually. A Care Plan cannot be finalised until it takes into consideration the needs of the carer looking after that person. It’s NOT just a bit of paper anyone can do, it’s a really important part of the assessment care plan process.”

Is this law? my caree had regular Needs Assessments, it was well known I was unpaid carer but I WAS NEVER directly offered a carers assessment through social services.

My carers assessment conflicting in changing options for my caree and the whole thing is now back on a waiting list for a complete full new assessment.