Hi All
I am new to this forum or it’s been a while since I registered. I care for my mum who is 88 with Lewy dementia. Things are getting tougher day by day. Would be good to talk or hear how others are coping. A

Welcome to the forum. I’m up late, sewing!!

One of our members, Pet, has lost her husband from Lewy Bodies. She will be along tomorrow, I’m sure. Is mum receding Attendance Allowance?
Did you know she is exempt from Council Tax?

Hi Angelina
Welcome to the forum.
Sad to read your Mum has Lewy body dementia.
My lovely husband didn’t have Lewy Body dementia. He suffered vascular dementia and strokes. I lost him 11th May 2019.
He was in a nursing home for 3years. All types of dementia are heartbreaking for family and friends to watch, the decline and to me it felt like a very long goodbye.
Are you in touch with the Alzheimer’s society? They advise regarding all types of dementia. Do you live in an area where you can contact an admiral nurse? I found to start with them very helpful.
I found it best not to contradict my husband when he was confabulating, which he did a lot. Went along with with, if it was something good, like he had been on holiday, or to the club. If it was something horrid, I would tell him he must of taken medication to early late whatever, and it made him dream. He believed me, thank goodness. Took me a while to learn how to deal with his moods.

Hi Angelina,

Good to hear from you. I looked after my dad who had alzheimers and the last year was really tough. In and out of hospital and daily issues. However, the care companty were great and really helped out.

Best,

Allen

Hello Angelina

Welcome to our forum, I’m not sure if you are aware but we are currently running a series of online weekly meet ups for carers to get together and chat informally. People say they’ve found it really helpful and supportive and it’s nice to be able to take a little bit of time for yourself. There’s no pressure to share any more than you’re comfortable with. Join up details are here:
https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/get-support/online-meetups

We are also now running a weekly Share and Learn sessions, where we run a series of fun and relaxed online sessions where visiting speakers who share tips and skills on a range of topics - please have a look at the link and see if one grabs your attention.
https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/get-support/share-and-learn-online-sessions

Do join if you’d like to, we’ve had a lot of new carers join the sessions recently and it’s a great way to meet other carers.
with best wishes
Ingrid