New to the forum

I am currently caring for my husband who has advanced prostate cancer, before this I also was a carer for my parents, especially my mum who sadly had dementia. She died last year, then 2 weeks after that my husband received his diagnosis, it was a tough time.
I find that caring is taking a toll on me now, and I really struggle with exhaustion, and worry about the future which is natural but not very helpful. One thing that that adds to my workload is the constant chasing and pushing for things for my husband, including making complaints especially with hospital transport which has let us down more than once.
All I ask for is clear communication, at least that way you know what is happening and not left wondering. I am certain that there are many carers who have to do these things, and we all could do with being treated with respect rather than as a nuisance.

Hi & welcome

Hospital transport - have you spoken to Hospital PALS.

Condolences on the loss of your Mum. Are you still caring for your Dad. Sorry to hear you and your husband have now to deal with prostate cancer. What help/assistance are you and your husband receiving for his cancer. Can I ask your ages.

Respect rather than as a nuisance. As a minimum you should expect respect and you are certainly not a nuisance.

Hi, welcome to the forum

Have you heard about our weekly meet ups? We’re running series of online weekly meet ups for carers to get together and chat informally. People say they’ve found it really helpful and supportive and it’s nice to be able to take a little bit of time for yourself. There’s no pressure to share any more than you’re comfortable with. Join up details are here:

https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic … ne-meetups

Do join if you’d like to

Best wishes
Ingrid

Hi Bikegirl, welcome to the forum.
Are you keen on push bikes, or motor bikes?

Are you getting any help from anywhere?

Hi everyone and thanks for your comments
Sunnydisposition, at the moment I have put in a complaint directly to the transport provider twice as advised by PALS, and am waiting for a response. I have a feeling that they will need to be chased up, but to be honest I am not optimistic about a response.
Sadly my dad died in 2018, and as a lot of their (90) generation did, he tried to manage on his own to look after everything.
My husband has some support from the hospice, and is under the local hospital oncology dept. I find that even some of the medical profession see my husbands disease and not the person that he actually is. I find it unsettling to say the least.

Hi bowlingbun,
I am getting support from the local hospice, I have an excellent key worker without whom I would be lost. We also have some very kind neighbours who help out when asked, so we are lucky in that respect.
Regards the bike, when I can I get out on my road bike to try and clear my head, sadly I don’t manage to do that very often. But I do follow racing both on the road and track which is a great escape.