My girlfriend has been sectioned and I feel so lost!

Hi, my girlfriend was sectioned exactly a week ago today and it is killing me every single minute of the day. I can’t eat, I can’t sleep and on top of that, because I don’t really get along with her parents, they won’t give me any updates on how she’s doing. I really don’t know what to do and it is eating away at me every waking minute of the day! I just miss her so much and I wish there was something I could do…

Hi Kiran, welcome to the forum.
Am very sad to read your post.
Are you able to tell us more about your girlfriend. What caused the need for her to be sectioned her age.?
It’s understandably a very emotional time for you and obviously not helped by her parents refusing to give you an update.
It may be worth a try phoning the unit and explaining who you are. Be warned though, they may not tell you very much as you are not next of kin.
Please try to eat a little and keep hydrated. It isn’t helping your girlfriend by neglecting yourself. I understand it’s very difficult ( I couldn’t eat or rest when my husband had delirium). Have you family or friends to talk to?
Am sure others will be along to offer advise and support.

Right now you need to remain strong for your girlfriend’s sake, I know it’s hard and you feel helpless but she is there for a reason and your girlfriend is getting the help, you need to know that she is safe and at this moment that is all that matters.

I can understand what you are going through. But you need to be strong for your girlfriend, at least for some time. I hope once she recovers she will text you back and let you know everything. Till then take care of yourself.